Seltzer Breath Worksheet
Part I: Materials
At your station you will find the following:
1 pan or paper plate
2 clear plastic cups with about 5mL of a dark liquid
1 plastic cup labeled “Liquid A”
1 plastic cup labeled “Liquid B”
1 sheet of plastic wrap
4 or 5 paper towels.
NOTE: the straw and plastic wrap can be distributed later
Part 2: Observations
1) What are some observations you have about the dark liquid? DO NOT TASTE, SMELL, TOUCH, OR SPILL THIS LIQUID.
2) What are some observations you have about the Liquid A? DO NOT TASTE, SMELL, TOUCH, OR SPILL THIS LIQUID.
3) What do you think will happen IF you pour some of Liquid A into the dark liquid? Write down your predictions.
4) Now pour some of Liquid A into the dark liquid and write down your observations.
5) Do the same with Liquid B.
6) What is different about the two trials? What do you think is happening? Discuss this within your group.
7) What is different about the two liquids? What do you think the two liquids are?
Part 3: Final Notes
List here any thoughts or questions you have about this activity.